2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 10:38 PM by Agnieszka Rakowska

Is possible create date filter depending on filtering on source

Agnieszka Rakowska

Hi All,

I have data based on keep  previous year and current (  "Create Order",filter on extract). ( example Create Order - 2014 and 2015)

On the dashboard I need filter or parameter that user  can choose the relative date but only from period 2014 and 2015 ( we can see options: quarters, months,weeks, days but only the mentioned period ( 2014 and 2015). Is possible to create something like that?

If yes, go further,  when I filtering by the mentioned filed for example measure, ( I choose for example 2015) and I would like the next graphs present with date filtering but choose only  from : month, week, day and graph displays data in the X-axis depending on our selecting ( month or week or day) . Is it possible to do ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Best Regards,

Aga

• 1. Re: Is possible create date filter depending on filtering on source
          Subha Narayanan

Hi Aga,

Try this.

• Move your date dimension to the filters shelf and convert it to continuous. The pill will turn green. Click on the filter option and use the relative dates feature to set the years to the period you want.

• Move the date dimension to the column shelf. It should be blue and automatically be in hierarchy of year, quarter, month, and day (tableau default). Click the show quick filter on the DAY pill in the columns shelf.
          • On the DAY pill in the filters shelf, click the drop down and choose exact date. The pill will turn green. Click filter and the same pop up menu as above will appear. Click on the 2nd tab - Range of Dates and set the dates you want.

• Click on show quick filter.

Even though the date range is set to show 2013 in the second screenshot, the first screen shot is setting the limits of the data that will be shown and the users can only see data from 2014 and 2015.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Is possible create date filter depending on filtering on source
            Agnieszka Rakowska

Hi,

thanks for response. I know this way, but  I do not need to have the possibility to enter in "Last Year" another number than I have in filter on source for last and current year. I think about something that source filter will have an impact for the period in the first screen.

Best Regards,

Aga