1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 9:12 PM by John Forr

Notes from Tableau's 9.0 Virtual Event

Paul Rolland

A lot of exciting new features are being baked into the forthcoming release of 9.0! Tableau's virtual event lasted almost two hours. Free passes to the Las Vegas conference were awarded. The Cleveland TUG received a PHENOMENAL interest in this event from the local Tableau community. Over the course of the evening, I estimate that we had easily between 30 to 40 people attend at one point or another. Tableau sprung for free beer, pizza, salad and soda. We also raffled off 10 custom Tableau T-shirts. My favorite new product enhancements include the performance boost, added analytics functionality and special enhancements in the mapping functionality. Hopefully, next time Tableau sponsors one of these events for all the user groups across the country, we will be able to accommodate more folks in a larger room. SPECIAL THANKS goes out to Greg Rentsch (VP, Strategic Consulting and Business Intelligence) from Precision Dialogue for stepping in at the last moment to help out our TUG and for providing the meeting space. Plans are underway for our next meeting.

I would challenge any of our members who attended, to share a few thoughts about what they saw from the 9.0 launch. I also want to take this opportunity to welcome many of the 'first timers' that participated.

Paul Rolland