are you sure that you have done the restore process successfully? Something I ran into is that I had to do the restore using the admin account that was setup as part of the install process. Are you able to login as the base admin account and see what exists in the repository?
If you're getting trial expiry messages you should contact Tableau Sales or your sales representative if you have one. It looks like it's just giving a warning that the trial is expiring.
My trail will expire after 10 days, which is showing in the error message. I am able to login once i have installed 8.2.7 but after restoring with 8.2.0 backup not able to login. I guess some thing i am missing here. Any one who worked on Tableau Metadata pls respond on this..
Have you tired logging on with the "Run As User"? If that does work I would suggest the following
1. Move the 8.2.0 backup file to a separate drive from your Tableau Server installation Drive. Just as percaution
2. Uninstall 8.2.7
3. Delete the 8.2.7 directories
4. Re-install 8.2.7
5. You should get asked for a new Administrator ID at the end of the install create a new one
6. Validate you can logon to the newly installed 8.2.7 system
7. Stop the system
8. Do a restore using the 8.2.0 backup you have and select the --no-config option on the restore
9. Once restore is complete try to logon again
Hope this helps.
I don't know what the issue is but I think the steps that Mark provided should be followed. If the same error appears then do what Eric said and get a trial license extension.
I had a very similar problem.
The problem was that the Run As account had no permissions on the new server.
Hope this helps.
Yes, most often times, the run as user is the issue.