3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 1:32 AM by Dana Withers

My Tableau doesn't fit on tablets and smartphones. It also crashes.

Omar Luna

Hi everyone,

I'm asking you for your help again. Turns out, I recently published tons of Tableau on my website (http://hablamederespeto.org/estadisticas.php), but when my boss wants to explore them on his mini iPad, they don't fit on his screen and look like the screen captures you can see below. And, the worst part of this is that they constantly crashed when he wants to view them on his tablet.

Can somebody help me this? It's really urgent 'cause we have an important presentation on three days here in El Salvador.

Regards,

Omar Luna

• 1. Re: My Tableau doesn't fit on tablets and smartphones. It also crashes.
          Dana Withers

Hi Omar,

Two suggestions:

1. What size of screen are your views designed for? ie when you make a dashboard, what is the setting you have chosen for size? From the looks of it (I'm trying to resize my screen), you have set it to a fixed size (probably a desktop default). This is hard on iPads because they try to resize pages to fit the screen which may result in both the poor look and the crashing on iPad mini. I have experienced this myself.

I would advise to try a smaller screen size or set to automatic size (though I'm not sure if automatic will make it easier or harder in terms of crashing).

2. If your boss wants to view the views you have made regardless of the page you have published them in, he may want to try the iPad app for Tableau. I have no experience with that myself, but my boss was quite impressed with it.

Hope that helps,

Dana

• 2. Re: My Tableau doesn't fit on tablets and smartphones. It also crashes.
            Omar Luna

Hi Dana,

Sorry for the late response. My actual Tableau size is A4 Horizontal. I've tried to resize it to desktop, but it doesn't look right neither on my Samsung Galaxy 4 nor my boss's iPhone. On the other hand, thank your for the advise about iPad app for Tableau. I didn't know you have it, but it really sound awesome.

Regards,

Omar

• 3. Re: My Tableau doesn't fit on tablets and smartphones. It also crashes.
              Dana Withers

Hi Omar,

No problem. I would recommend that if you're looking for using it on iPad, you could try the iPad pre-defined size. Or play around with the other options. Hope that that or the iPad app helps you.

Dana