3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 11:17 AM by saicharan v

Books

Santhosh Kumar

Hi All,

I am new here from Columbia SC. I have data warehousing/Reporting/SQL experience and I am working as a SAP BO developer, I want to learn Tableau, what books do you suggest to begin with and advanced topics in Admin and viz development?

Thanks

-Santhosh

• 1. Re: Books
          Todd Stone

Hello, I have been using Tableau for a little over 4 years and I honestly have not ever read a book.  But I would suggest spending most of your time on the Tableau Site as I have  read many of the posts in the Tableau Community,  done most of  the online training sessions and  have been to both Fundamental and Advance Tableau Training classes.  Going to the Tableau User Conference is also helpful too, but not always a feasible option for everyone.

What I love about Tableau is that it's fairly easy to learn, and just double clicking and dropping things in can help get you started.  Through trial and error is how I learned the basic's, and got more advance education through the Tableau Community.

I hope that helps, and don't hesitate to ask questions here to the group.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Books
            Santhosh Kumar

Thanks Todd!

• 3. Re: Books
              saicharan v

Thanks TODD

1 of 1 people found this helpful