Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence
Juniper Networks - Sunnyvale, CA, US or Westford, MA, US
Interested applicants, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Position
The Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence will be an integral member of the Corporate FP&A team. The key responsibilities will relate to enabling and supporting the business analytics and reporting needs, by leveraging various BI tools. Heavy emphasis will be placed on leading efforts to establish self-service BI and dashboard capabilities and delivering business value through the design and implementation of Tableau solutions. Must possess proven ability to optimize self-service BI solutions, leveraging data that spans multiple data sources. In this position you will be partnering with the BI technical team members and working closely with business users and stakeholders.
Grounded in business, the ideal candidate is also fluent in technology and BI applications, able to assess current technical environment and develop technology requirements and conceptual solutions to meet business objectives.
- Provide thought leadership in the definition, solution design and enablement of the enterprise business intelligence portfolio (Tableau, SAP-BW, SAP BOBJ, Hyperion)
- Lead medium to large complex reporting projects and initiatives
- Gather requirements, identify data gaps, aid in the creation of new/modify report prototypes and build automated reporting solutions
- Promote and facilitate the development of self-service capabilities for the business in the access and reporting of business data
- Identify and engage the appropriate IT and business participants as well as manage requirements, risks, issues, changes, and updates
- Stay abreast of new and emerging BI technologies and the potential application on the business side
- Work effectively across various teams/customers, building strong working relationships with reporting and analytics end users and IT
- Design and develop Dashboards / Adhoc reports / Standard reports as per the business requirements
- Assist with developing and delivering training materials
Reporting / Technical Skills
- Business Analysis skills to understand business needs and document requirements
- Advanced Tableau development skills
- Experience integrating Tableau into various external environments (such as websites, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong experience developing Business Dashboards and Reports
- Proven ability to extract/source data from multiple data sources and integrate them into a single source view/report/dataset
- Experience in SAP BW and SAP ECC data models
- Understanding of SAP Master data and Master data practice as a whole
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and practices
- Hands-on experience with Business Objects
- Experience in delivery of enterprise reporting solutions
- Strong familiarity of the BI industry, vendors, products and best practices
- Ability to analyze performance and operational data to arrive at actionable results
- Must be experienced in translation of BI requirements to technical solutions
- Practical experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of BI Solutions (End-to-End), over multiple technologies, size and scale of projects
- Experience with analyzing complex data correlations with the ability to define and explore the ‘what if’ scenarios; Create thresholds and key performance indicators (KPIs) for review by management teams
- Strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating and influencing users and key stakeholders to understand core business needs that drive BI requirements, outline project timelines and processes to deliver quality solutions, and drive user behaviors that lead to adoption of BI solutions to improve operations and/or outcomes
- Ability to work with management and business teams to understand their strategy, goals and objectives with specific experience in coordinating and leading requirement gathering sessions, and executing and fulfilling business requirements
- Ability to leverage Tableau experience to coach other Tableau users across the organization in achieving their objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - written and oral
- Experience engaging and influencing senior business executives and senior IT executives
Experience & Education
- At least eight (5) years of Business Intelligence Management or related BI service delivery experience
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as SAP Business Objects and Tableau
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
- Experience with the advanced use and management of Tableau
- Experience in delivering self-service BI solutions that promote data discovery
- College degree in MIS, business, finance, or related field
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Travel requirements up to 25%
About this company
Juniper Networks is leading the revolution in networking, making it one of the most exciting technology companies in Silicon Valley today. Since being founded by Pradeep Sindhu, Dennis Ferguson, and Bjorn Liencres nearly 20 years ago, Juniper’s sole mission has been to create innovative products and solutions that meet the growing demands of the connected world.
Juniper Networks [NYSE: JNPR] is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with over 9,000 employees in 70 countries and nearly $5 billion in revenue. Our customers include the top 100 global service providers and 30,000 enterprises, including the Global Fortune 100 as well as hundreds of federal, state and local government agencies and higher educational organizations.
At Juniper Networks, we believe the network is the single greatest vehicle for knowledge, understanding, and human advancement that the world has ever known. Now more than ever, the world needs network innovation to connect ideas and unleash our full potential. Juniper is taking a new approach to the network — one that is intelligent, agile, secure and open to any vendor and any network environment.
To learn more about Juniper, our products, and our vision for the decade ahead, visit our site at www.juniper.net.
Your ideas. Connected.