4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 3:05 AM by Syed Khadir Ahmed

Hi All, Question on Filter

Aravind Kumar

Hi all, Can any one please expalin me how to get top 10 products sold by individual sales person. Ex: Assume there are 3 sales guys (A,B & C) selling similar products, now i want to see top 10 products sold by A.

• 1. Re: Hi All, Question on Filter
          Syed Khadir Ahmed

You can achieve this by following below steps..

Lets say I wanted to See top 10 customers by Sales ...

Right Click on Customers ... Select Create Set... Go to Top (Tab) .. Select 'By Field' and then select Top/Bottom (as per your need) and the number you wanted to see...

Next Step: select the field on which you wanted to Judge them .. If Sales then Select 'Sales' By profit then 'Profit' ..Click Ok

(Assuming you have selected Sales as Sum while creating set)

From Dimensions .. Double click 'Customer Name' or Drag it to Row pills

Double click sales...

This will give you All the customers and Sales value...

Just drag and drop the set on the Filters .. YOu should have only top 10 customers listed / Bottom 10 based on your selection during creating set.. I hope this helps.

Please check the attached workbook.

Thank you!!

• 2. Re: Hi All, Question on Filter
            Aravind Kumar

Hello Ahmed, Thanks for your reply. I dont see any workbook attached in your reply.

Anyway i have tried as per your instructions but its not giving me the desired result. i want to see top 10 products which are sold by person A alone.

whereas as per your example it is summing up products covering all persons who are selling, and then it is giving top 10 products. so when i am trying to see top 10 products sold by person A (From filters) it showing only 3 or 4 products (which are part of Top 10).

• 3. Re: Hi All, Question on Filter
              Tableau kumar

Hi Arvind,

go through the below, where ranks are calculated with different requirements.

Calculating Ranks

Best Regards

Laxman Kumar

• 4. Re: Hi All, Question on Filter
                Syed Khadir Ahmed

I am so sorry.. I misinterpreted your question..

Just check the attached workbook.. :-)