5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2014 2:54 PM by Andrew Macey

Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server

Madhu M

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to get the number of download requests to the Tableau Server. Please help me to fulfill my requirement.

Thanks!

Regards,

Madhu.

• 1. Re: Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server
          Eric McDonald

Try posting this to the Server Admin forum

• 2. Re: Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server
            Eric McDonald

Repost here: Server Administration

Then delete this post. It's likely that someone on that list will have an answer.

• 3. Re: Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server
              Andrew Macey

-- count of downloads in last 30 days broken down by workbook/datasource type and site name

SELECT  HT.name Object_Type,  HS.name Site_Name,  count(*)

FROM public.historical_events HE

LEFT JOIN public.historical_event_types HT ON (HE.historical_event_type_id = HT.type_id)

LEFT JOIN public.hist_sites HS ON (HE.hist_actor_site_id = HS.id)

where HT.name in ('Download Data Source','Download Workbook' )

and   HE.created_at >  now() - '30 day '::interval

group by HT.name, HS.name

• 4. Re: Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server
                Sunil Tikar

Query provide in .zip file is excellent ,I would need more information when I click on "view data" like what all workbooks/datasources downloaded and who downloaded them. Can you please assist me on that what all columns I need to add on this sql and from which tables with join conditions if required any.   Andrew Macey

• 5. Re: Need to get number of download request to Tableau Server
                  Andrew Macey

Just uncomment the fields & joins in the .SQL until you get what you need.

SELECT

"historical_events"."created_at" AS "created_at",

"historical_event_types"."name" AS "name",

"hist_users_actor"."name" AS "hist_users_name",

"hist_sites"."name" AS "hist_sites_name",

"hist_workbooks"."name" AS "hist_workbooks_name",

"hist_workbooks"."size" AS "size",

"hist_datasources"."name" AS "hist_datasources_name",

"hist_datasources"."size" AS "hist_datasources_size",

"hist_projects"."name" AS "hist_projects_name"--,

--count(*)

FROM "public"."historical_events" "historical_events"

LEFT JOIN "public"."historical_event_types" "historical_event_types" ON ("historical_events"."historical_event_type_id" = "historical_event_types"."type_id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_users" "hist_users_actor" ON ("historical_events"."hist_actor_user_id" = "hist_users_actor"."id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_sites" "hist_sites" ON ("historical_events"."hist_actor_site_id" = "hist_sites"."id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_workbooks" "hist_workbooks" ON ("historical_events"."hist_workbook_id" = "hist_workbooks"."id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_datasources" "hist_datasources" ON ("historical_events"."hist_datasource_id" = "hist_datasources"."id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_users" "hist_users_target" ON ("historical_events"."hist_target_user_id" = "hist_users_target"."id")

LEFT JOIN "public"."hist_projects" "hist_projects" ON ("historical_events"."hist_project_id" = "hist_projects"."id")

where "historical_event_types"."name" in ('Download Data Source','Download Workbook' )

and "historical_events"."created_at" >  now() - '30 day '::interval