Please check the SQL query used to populate the extract. I would check if the date filters (if any) on the source are causing the duplication of records.
Thanks abhishek for reply do you know how I can get the query which is used to populate extract ?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
These are the steps(there might be a better way) to get the SQL query from an extract published to server:
1. Connect to Tableau server
2. Navigate to "Data Sources" in the site.
3. Download the data source(this is same as the extract name).
4. Open the downloaded file in Tableau desktop.The data source will be available in the Data tab in the workbook.
5. Right Click on the Data Source and choose the "Edit Data Source" option.
6. If you move the mouse over the data source capsule in the upper right pane , you will see the pencil icon. Click on the pencil icon to get the query.