3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2014 10:08 AM by Abhishek Farande

Extract refresh

Sunil Tikar

Hi All:

Is it possible a extract can have duplicate records if we run it twice in a day .

I have one user who reported that extact has duplicate records for his report as he ran his extract twice for the same month .

Any thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Sunil.

Toby Erkson Tableau User Group Las Vegas Tableau Administrator The specified item was not found. Tableau Community

• 1. Re: Extract refresh
          Abhishek Farande

Hi Sunil,

Please check the SQL query used to populate the extract. I would check if the date filters (if any) on the source are causing the duplication of records.

Regards,

Abhishek Farande

• 2. Re: Extract refresh
            Sunil Tikar

Thanks abhishek for reply do you know how I can get the query which is used to populate extract ?

• 3. Re: Extract refresh
              Abhishek Farande

Hi Sunil,

These are the steps(there might be a better way) to get the SQL query from an extract published to server:

1. Connect to Tableau server

2.  Navigate to "Data Sources" in the site.

3. Download the data source(this is same as the extract name).

4. Open the downloaded file in Tableau desktop.The data source will be available in the Data tab in the workbook.

5.  Right Click on the Data Source and choose the "Edit Data Source" option.

6. If you move the mouse over the data source capsule in the upper right pane , you will see the pencil icon. Click on the pencil icon to get the query.

Regards,

Abhishek Farande

1 of 1 people found this helpful