3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 19, 2014 9:54 AM by Yi Ni

Retention and Graduation Report

Yi Ni

Hi I am new to the Tableau software, and would like to use it for Institutional Research work at my college. Through data blending on the SQL server, this is the data that I am using to generate retention and graduation (cumulative) report for as many as 10 years following a cohort.

Cohort IDPeople Code IDAcademic YearAcademic TermTerm SequenceEnrollmentGraduation
      110FFA2010Fall1YN
      110FFA2014Spring8YY
      113FFB2013Fall1YN
      113FFB2014Spring2YN
      113FFB2017Spring8YY

Below is the format I am using for retention and graduation report:

I am able to get enrollment count, retention rate per term with addressing fields by term sequence, and partitioning field being Cohort ID, and also running total of graduation count, but not running total percent of students who have graduated as of a term. Could any one share how you think this can be done? Thanks!

EnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentEnrollmentGraduationGraduationGraduationGraduationGraduationGraduationGraduationGraduation
      CohortTerm 1Term 2Term 3Term 4Term 5Term 6Term 7Term 8Term 1Term 2Term 3Term 4Term 5Term 6Term 7Term 8
      110FF2
      113FF
      Summarize enrollment for term 1: total count of students in the cohort, and % from Term 2-8 for enrollment
      Summarize graduation for each term should be cumulative % of cohort students who have graduated.