4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 9:44 AM by Ryan Kramme

Map Dashboard

Ryan Kramme

Trying to create a dashboard with a map that will zoom in on customers when selected in the filter section. 

Right now I have mapped dealer locations with specific counties covered.  I want my sales reps to be able to select a dealer in the filter and have the map zoom in that specific dealer and the counties it covers.

Ultimately I want to add additional visualizations that all filter together when a customer is selected (product mix, shipments, total sales) but would like to start here. 

Any insight on zooming features or something I'm missing would be great.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Map Dashboard
          Shawn Wallwork

Ryan, what you describe is the default zooming/filtering behavior. When you filter out everything but a single mark (dealer) then the map should zoom into that mark. If it isn't, it may be because you have inadvertently locked the zoom. Hover over the map, look at the zoom controls. Is the push-pin blue? If it is click it, it should turn white and your map should zoom in. Here are some more user-interface tips: UI User Tips

The other thing you alluded to was zooming to Dealers and the Counties they serve. That sounds to me like a dual-axis map. You'll need to set this up carefully to get the behavior you're probably looking for. If you post a packaged workbook we can help you with this.

Cheers,

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Map Dashboard
            Ryan Kramme

Thank you Shawn!  Exactly what I needed. I figured it was a small setting like the push pin.

I have created the dual axis map with dealer locations and counties covered and it works flawlessly with the push pin now adjusted.

I have another question related to this if you have a second - I have about 100 dealers that I'm looking at.  We are putting together a deliverable handbook for our dealers.  I have been asked to include a map with counties covered customized to each dealer.  Is there any way to produce this without individually filtering on each one separately and printing to PDF?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Map Dashboard
              Shawn Wallwork

You might be able to work out something on the page shelf, but if you're wanting to produce a pdf, you will ultimately be doing them one at a time. Though I don't do a lot of this sort of thing.

--Shawn

• 4. Re: Map Dashboard
                Ryan Kramme

Thanks, I gave the pages shelf a try but the zoom remains static. I've been doing some searching and this seems to be an issue for others as well.  I appreciate the help!

Ryan