2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2014 9:42 AM by Matt Lutton

How do I count the total number of records that correspond to a value in a calculation field?

Nick Bhoopongsa

Hello all,

I have some data in tableau which contains contact details such as address, email, mobile, home phone, work phone. I have created some calculated fields which populate with a number (score) IF the referenced field is empty.

Eg.

If the Home Phone field is blank, the 'missing home phone score' calculated field will populate with the number 1

if the Mobile phone field is blank, the 'missing Mobile score' calculated field will populate with the number 1

if the Mobile phone field is blank, the 'missing Work phone score' calculated field will populate with the number 1

I then created a 'Total Phone Score' field which is the sum of 'Missing mobile score', 'missing work phone score' and 'missing home phone score'

Finally, another calculated field called "Examine Record' is populated with the word 'EXAMINE' if the 'Total Phone Score' field is greater than 2 else it populates with the word 'OK'.

All is working fine, however, all I want to do is create a visualisation (bar?) which displays the Total amount of contacts who have 'EXAMINE' in the 'Examine Record' field and the total amount of contacts who have 'OK' in the 'Examine Record' field.

I can't seem to get this to work at all. PLEASE can somebody help?

many thanks in advance,

Nick