3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2014 11:15 AM by samson.kim

Updates on Trusted Auth

Chris O'Connell

I'm struggling with this as I am trying to get this working using Tableau Online.  From what I can tell, Trusted Auth doesn't work for the 'Online' product and so we are required to get an instance of Tableau Server working somewhere that is accessible via Heroku.  Trying to get an instance of Tableau Server running is almost a non-starter for my organization.

So, I have read in other answers that some effort has been spent trying to figure out how to make this all work with Tableau Online.  Has something happened?  Is there a way to make this work?  We have tried other reporting tools and requiring our end users to log on to a separate application while they are in SF is probably going to be another non-starter.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Updates on Trusted Auth
          samson.kim

Hi Chris,

Currently, SSO is unavailable for Tableau Online.  If you want to integrate dashboards via Online, I would suggest using iframes and using the Salesforce Web tab to embed your dashboards.  Use the url that is referenced when you click on the share icon for the dashboard.  I would discourage embedding dashboards within a Salesforce object(ie Account, Opportunity) since the login issue makes it awkward for use. 

Hope this helps.

Samson

• 2. Re: Updates on Trusted Auth
            Chris O'Connell

Is it possible to implement some sort of SSO solution with Tableau Online?  Is SAML a possibility?  Has anyone implemented some way of getting around the login screen?  I'm curious if when you say "SSO is unavailable for Tableau Online" if you are referring strictly to Trusted Auth or is there no way to implement a SSO with Tableau Online?

Thanks,

Chris

• 3. Re: Updates on Trusted Auth
              samson.kim

Hi Chris,

I'm not the best person to answer SSO capability with Tableau Online.  To my knowledge, it's not available currently. 

Cheers,
              Samson