2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 9:04 AM by Aaron Clancy

Using moving average within a window average?

samuel.patterson

Hi all,

In the attached workbook you can see that I am using the window_avg formula to segment people into quartiles based on gross profit per hour and orders per hour (two separate sheets). I'd like to come up with a way for the quartile rank to be based on the performance of the last 7 days, a moving average of sorts. I'd also like to be able to click on the column for the A group and see the individual performance of the underlying A people. The last, but maybe most important obstacle I'm facing is plotting these results on a line graph over time, in other words tracking the A,B,C & D groups order per hour on a daily basis over time.

In summary I have the following three questions.

1.) How to use performance of past 7 days to determine A, B, C & D groups

2.) How to show the individual performance of the underlying people within one group

3.) Plotting these results on a line graph over time (FYI - On any given day the "A" people would be based on the performance of the last 7 days, meaning that the "A" people may be a different group of people today than it was a week ago. If you feel that my description of this question is unclear, you are not alone, I also feel that way. Apologies)

Aaron Clancy - the help you offered on my last question was phenomenally helpful. If you get a chance I would love to get your perspective on how to address these new problems.

Greatly appreciate any help I can get on this.

Best,

Sam