3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2014 12:12 PM by samson.kim

Sizing the Visualization window

craig.strong.2

Hi,

No matter what height and width I make the VF Page that calls the Sparkler app, the 'box' that contains the Tableau visualization is always the same size. I have also changed the size of the dashboard being published to Tableau Server, but all that does is make it so there is more or less scrolling inside the 'box' in the VF page.

Is there another setting somewhere to change the size of the 'box' that contains the Tableau visualization?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

• 1. Re: Sizing the Visualization window
          samson.kim

Hi Craig,

Yes there is.  Go into the page layout where the embedded dashboard page resides.   Click on the wrench icon(Properties) and update the height accordingly.  I have a task to making that piece a bit more dynamic.  Regarding width, note that Salesforce places a max width of 1000px so I would suggest setting a max width of 955px or so to account for scrollbars if they're needed.  Hopefully that does the trick.

Cheers,

Samson

• 2. Re: Sizing the Visualization window
            Dan Rullo

Just as an additional note.  I had to set both width and Maxwidth to get mine to size the way I wanted it to. Even if you set Maxwidth to "infinite" but do not define Width it will default to the default width of 800px

<apex:page >

<apex:canvasApp applicationName="Sparkler"

maxHeight="2000"

maxWidth="1050"

Height="2000"

width="1050"

*edited to reflect the correct default Width

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Sizing the Visualization window
              samson.kim

Hi Dan,

I originally misread your post.  That's good info to know.  Thanks for sharing.

Samson