0 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 2:46 PM by Neil Paine

How to link data based on fields not included in the primary table?

Neil Paine

I need to create full outer joins for data in 5 tables based on two keys (Date & Project ID), and then have the ability to join/filter based on Project Class, Date & Project ID. (Tables are server queries into Oracle).

My table structure is as follows

Details TablePlan TableActuals TableInternal Order TableExternal Order Table
      Project Class
      Project IDProject IDProject IDProject IDProject ID
      DateDateDateDate
      $ Value$ Value$ Value$ Value

I am using the Details Table as the primary table in order to filter by Project Class and then return all $ Value results for the Project IDs. (The Details Table maintains a dynamic list of thousands of Project IDs associated with a static list of ~10 Project Classes).  I must limit based on Project Class and then look at the resulting set of Project IDs across a set of Dates.

When I try to add a second level link based on Month(Date), the date link fails. I have established the connection under Data > Edit Connections, but I do not have the option to activate the link between Dates.  Similarly, I can create charts linked by Date but then cannot also link & filter by Project Class.

Is there a way to link & filter by fields from multiple 'primary' tables?  Am I missing something else here?

Thank you in advance for your help