All fixed, it's working now. In case anybody finds the same issue, I got it working by:
- upgrading the Oracle “Instant Client” to 12.1 (I had V10 for some reason)
- unzip it to the Oracle folder in my system and add the sub-folder to the environment variable “Path”
- re-start Tableau (didn’t work the first time though…)
Hi Ruben: be sure to mark your thread "answered" in some way (you can mark your original question "assumed answered" or mark your reply as the "correct answer"); this helps keep the forum a bit "cleaner" and allows other forum members and/or helpers to see that you've found a solution. Cheers!
I just got the same error message when I tried to refresh extract from my Tableau Desktop.
How do we upgrade the Oracle "Instant Client" to 12.1?
First I downloaded what looked to be the latest Oracle client update for my machine, which I found at Instant Client downloads for Windows. You may need to google a bit to find the right one for your system configuration, but should be quite straight forward.
Then follow steps 2 and 3 in my earlier reply, and hopefully you'll have it working soon as I did.
Thanks for Publishing Great Issue in Forum.
We are also facing same issue that what you mentioned above connection issue.
Can guide us in details level procedure how to follow the steps 2 and 3 in earlier reply it will be helpful us to resolve my issue.
I solved the problem installing the drivers of Tableau for Oracle and executing the rename of archive oci.dll for example: C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\BIN for oci_old.dll and I did test in Tableau with sucess, the Tableau reads the archive ociw32.dll. After I had a problem in Pl SQL Developer because oci.dll not found, so I gone to tools of the PL SQL Developer configure for read the new dll ociw32.dll and okay.