2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 10:17 AM by Kathleen Burnett

Can I make reference bands dynamic?

Kathleen Burnett

I've found the page that explains making dynamic reference lines, but I've got a couple sheets that include reference bands that I'd also like to appear or not based on how the quick filter is set.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Can I make reference bands dynamic?

Hi Kathleen,

Reference bands are already dynamic, though I don't think there's a way to enable/disable them through a quick-filter selection. If you'd like to be able to turn them on and off, I would create a parameter for turning the bands on/off, then create a calculated field with a CASE statement to return the values when the parameter is set to "on", then set the reference band to use the new calculated field.

Hope that helps!

- Jordan

• 2. Re: Can I make reference bands dynamic?
            Kathleen Burnett

Thanks! Maybe I should give more detail.  I have 5 reference bands on the

sheet, all constant, in order to show the dates when Congress was in

session this year.  We have a quick filter on the sheet so that people can

narrow down the dates, and I'm hoping to find a way to make the bands

appear or not based on the dates shown in the window at any given time.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Jordan Bunker <