4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 6:21 PM by Tom W

Forum Enhancement Thread?

Tom W

So the other day as I was browsing around, I came across a thread with a number of suggestions for the forum here.

I'd like to find it again to add some additional feedback but alas, I cannot.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

• 1. Re: Forum Enhancement Thread?
          Shawn Wallwork

Tom the forum area you're looking for is called "Community Canvas". It has never been that easy to find, but awhile ago the forum Admin folks gave us two links. The hard one to find is probably at the bottom of this page, but that is only if you browse the forums on the Overview tab. If you browse on the Content tab you're out of luck.

But the really easy one to find is the Community front page:

CC.jpg

Warning: There are several incredibly long (number of replies) threads in there. Pages & pages in fact. I suppose this is testament to the passion we Tableau forum folks have for our forums. Feel free to contribute, but realize how overwhelmed the behind-the-scenes worker bees must feel. Your suggestion might only end up a drop in an ocean....

a-drop-in-the-ocean.jpg

[Not as nice as kettan's swan, but it'll do.]

Cheers,

Shawn

Link to Community: http://community.tableau.com/welcome

• 2. Re: Forum Enhancement Thread?
            Tom W

If I paraphrase the exact thread I read, someone had some really specific ideas and someone from Tableau replied saying there was a webex happening soon to discuss forum improvements in further detail.

So while the Community Canvas wasn't exactly what I saw the other day, it has demonstrated that there's plenty of ideas in the pool and my feedback might have already been logged.

I'll put some of my feedback in the canvas over the coming days, thanks!

• 3. Re: Forum Enhancement Thread?
              Shawn Wallwork

If I paraphrase the exact thread I read, someone had some really specific ideas and someone from Tableau replied saying there was a webex happening soon to discuss forum improvements in further detail.

That was a long, long time ago and in a Universe far, far away.... That WebEx probably happened at the very beginning of the Jive switch-over, several years ago. Canvas really is the best way to register your forum-improvement Ideas.

Cheers,

--Shawn

• 4. Re: Forum Enhancement Thread?
                Tom W

Hah, god knows how / why I stumbled on that thread. Perhaps someone bumped it.

Thanks!