1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 11:23 AM by Joshua Milligan

How to compare one with others in same data set ?

Biswajeet Sahoo

Hi,

I have an requirement that i have to compare one data with others data in same table like below

NameSecured mark
      A10
      B20
      C30
      D40

I have to show above data in two filters for secured mark comparison.
      Two filters
      Name             Name for compare
      A                    B
                            C
                            D
      If i will select any name from "Name" filter then in "Name for compare" filter should show all values (except  values selected in "Name" filter.It means if i will select "A" in first filter then in second filter should show all value except "A" which is "B","C","D",
      if i will select "B" in first filter then in second filter should show all value except "B" which is "A","C","D",)
      Then in below i have to show "Secured mark"
      It means if i will select "A" in first filter then in second filter "B" and "C"
      then in below i can see A value which 10 and in others(which will show sum of "B" and "C" "Secured mark") show 50.
      And this information i will show in bar graphs one will for A and second will for others which will 50 (sum of "B" and "C" "Secured mark")

Please let me know how can i do this type of work..
      Please assist me on this requirement..

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to compare one with others in same data set ?
          Joshua Milligan

Biswajeet,

You could setup a couple of action filters to do this.

1.png

The selection on the top sheet gives the results you described.  To accomplish this I created two action filters:

2.png

Both filter from the top sheet to one or the other bottom sheets.  Then, I went to the "Compare To" sheet and altered the filter (right click the action filter on the Fields shelf and select "Filter"):

3.png

Here, I selected "Exclude" to change the filter so that whatever was selected will be excluded.

4.png

I've attached a workbook so you can see it in action.

Regards,

Joshua