1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 8:11 AM by Aaron Clancy

Dynamic Image off of Quick Filter

Nate Valentin

I want an image that is hosted on my web server to display when I change a quick filter. The image url is dynamically created using a calculated field within a sheet. If I copy that URL and paste it into a browser it renders the image. I want to add a web page part to a dashboard and have the URL be the calculated field. I can make this work if I set it up as an action on hover for example but I would like it to drive off the change in the quick filter. Is this possible? Thank you

Nate

• 1. Re: Dynamic Image off of Quick Filter
          Aaron Clancy

As far as I know the answer is no.

The only way I could see this working is if instead of a "quick filter" you used a filter sheet.(just a sheet that has a vertical list of the items you want to filter as)  you can format it to look a lot like a quick filter but it's fairly obvious it's not checkboxes or radio buttons. 

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 10.08.16 AM.png

You can then assign two click actions to the filter sheet (1 for the filter action and one for the URL action)

Screen Shot 2014-02-21 at 10.10.04 AM.png

It's not as versatile as a quick filter but it will change your photo URL at the same time.