2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2014 6:52 AM by Munwar Pattan

Has anybody found out a way to add page numbers to PDF export either on desktop or on server?

Munwar Pattan

Has anybody found out a way to add page numbers to PDF export. Either on desktop manually or using tabcmd on server ?

• 1. Re: Has anybody found out a way to add page numbers to PDF export either on desktop or on server?
          Aaron Clancy

If you're ok with scripting with tabcmd you could add a third party PDF command line combination tool.

The flow would be:

Create a batch script that will loop through tabcmd export calls for each page of the report and have it store the individual PDFs in a specified folder.

After the loop has complete, the third party pdf combination tool would be called in the script.

This would iterate through the folder adding the pdf's to a single file and removing the individual PDFs.

Most command line PDF combination tools have parameters you can set that add page numbers to the header or footer or timestamps etc...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Has anybody found out a way to add page numbers to PDF export either on desktop or on server?
            Munwar Pattan

Aaron, thank you for the reply.

I am using tabcmd to export a worksheet to PDF.

I got an idea about your approach. However, can you please explain me  what this means "Create a batch script that will loop through tabcmd export calls for each page of the report and have it store the individual PDFs in a specified folder." ?

Tabcmd export command to pdf is just one line command that exports the worksheet to PDF all at once. How can we loop it to have it store in individual files?

Do you recommend any PDF command line combination tools?