8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 7:23 AM by Matt Lutton

Dashboard filter not working

STEPHEN MACLEOD

I am trying to use a calculated field as a filter across two worksheets (same datasource), however the filter does not apply across both worksheets.  I don't get the normal filter options i.e. apply to all worksheets, so i guess it's something i have to set using actions.  Any help appreciated.  I wish to use the worksheet called Rank, to filter in the attached workbook

• 1. Re: Dashboard filter not working
          Matt Lutton

I'm not clear on what you want.  Are you simply trying to filter the bottom sheet by Country from the top sheet?  To do this, simply set an action filter with the top sheet as the "source" and the bottom sheet as the "target".

Please clarify what the expected behavior you are looking for is.  I also see a parameter for "label choice" that is only being applied to one sheet, so I'm not sure what we should be focusing on in this workbook.  Thanks!

• 2. Re: Dashboard filter not working
            Matt Lutton

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but attached is your workbook with an action filter between the two sheets on the dashboard.  Selecting a country in the top sheet filters the bottom sheet.  But again, I may be unclear on what you are trying to accomplish.

• 3. Re: Dashboard filter not working
              STEPHEN MACLEOD

Hi Matthew, this is what I was looking for, simplistic as it is.  Could you attach the workbook as it didn’t come through.  I tries this, but couldn’t get it to work so interested to see what I need to do differently.

Thanks

Stephen

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this

This e-mail has been sent by one of the following wholly-owned subsidiaries of the BBC:

BBC Worldwide Limited, Registration Number: 1420028 England, Registered Address: BBC Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ

BBC Global News Limited, Registration Number: 04514407 England, Registered Address: BBC Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ

BBC World Distribution Limited, Registration Number: 04514408, Registered Address: BBC Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ

• 4. Re: Dashboard filter not working
                Matt Lutton

The workbook is attached in my last comment.

• 5. Re: Dashboard filter not working
                  STEPHEN MACLEOD

Hi Matthew, ahh, sorry, i was not clear.  I want the user to use the quick filter on the top sheet, not select from the visualisation.  This filters down to 1 or more countries (the ranks are retained in the top sheet) and filters the bottom sheet according to the filter picks.  I need the table calculations (% of total) to not work off the filtered data, but off the full set.  Is thsi possible

• 6. Re: Re: Dashboard filter not working
                    Matt Lutton

I think you just need to display the Lookup$_Country filter instead of the regular "Country" filter--that is all I have done in the attached.

• 7. Re: Re: Dashboard filter not working
                      STEPHEN MACLEOD

Thanks Matthew this gets me pretty much there.  Thanks for your time.  Stephen

• 8. Re: Re: Dashboard filter not working
                        Matt Lutton

OK, no problem.  The important bit is that the field must be included on all the sheets you want to filter on.  In your example, "Country" was not on the Ranking sheet, so it could not applied to "All Using this data source".  If you place Country on the filters shelf in both sheets, it can be used to filter across both.  Hope this is clear.