0-10
      1-6
      1-9
      0-11
      1-1
      1-6
      0-1
      0-4

I have it set up in a bar chart right now with the Margin in the Columns and CNT(Win) as the rows. Assuming that Tableau is counting when Win=1, how do I add Win again to count when Win=0 (which is a loss)? And then how do I have the count of those losses appear next to corresponding wins with the same margin?

• 1. Re: How do I count a measure twice?
          Ramon Martinez

Hi Brian,

I'm understanding that you need to create a bar chart representing the sum of margin per win, where Win is a dimension and Margin is a measure.

To reach that I first drag Win to Dimensions, the I drag margin to Columns shelf and Win to Rows shelf. You will see that an horizontal bar will show margin level (as a sum or margin) by Win, where win has only two values 0 and 1.

Now, as you are interested in add the number of items (number of records in your data source) per Win, I just drag the special measure Number of Records to label on Marks card. As a result the number of lost (0s) and win (1s) are display on every bar.

I also added the dimension Win to Color shelf in Marks card

Take a look a the attached workbook created with your sample data set to see if it solves the requirement you've described.

I hope this helps

Best

Ramon

• 2. Re: How do I count a measure twice?
            brian.kim.0

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for the help. It was that last step of adding Win again to the color shelf that I needed.