At StumbleUpon, we are looking for a talented BI analyst to join the team to help us unlock our data and inform business decisions throughout the organization.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, and supporting analytics solutions to StumbleUpon's business, product, and marketing teams. This person will collaborate closely with executives, product teams, engineers, data scientists, and marketing to help them get the information they need to spot opportunities and make decisions.
Most importantly, this role combines traditional BI work with leading an initiative to provide self-service data exploration and tools to the organization. If you are seeking an opportunity to use your technical and BI skills in a profitable consumer startup, this is a great opportunity with leadership potential.
- Deliver analytical support to the organization across a wide range of activities. (dashboard creation, user behavior analysis, segmentation, forecasting, marketing analysis, etc.)
- Drive increased understanding of user behavior dynamics through focused analysis on acquisition, conversion, retention and engagement.
- Collaborate with the data science team on deeper analysis.
- Participate and inform vendor and software tool selection decisions.
- Work with business, product, marketing, sales, and technology teams to help shape the tactical and strategic development of StumbleUpon’s BI infrastructure.
- Hands-on work with data in HDFS and other big data stores.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive consumer internet company analytics experience.
- Deep knowledge of consumer web analytics approaches and best practices.
- Experience with BI and data discovery tools: Tableau, MicroStrategy, Qlikview, Looker, etc.
- Experience with R.
- Expert SQL proficiency.
- Experience with AB testing tools and techniques.
- Experience with one or more big data storage and analysis technologies: Hadoop / Hive / MapReduce / Vertica / Redshift
- A bachelor’s degree with a track record of academic success in Computer Science or another technical field of study from a leading college/university is strongly preferred.
If interested, please contact Larry Argueza at firstname.lastname@example.org