1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 30, 2014 10:24 PM by Ishwardeep Singh

    Unable to create workbook in Tableau 8.1 using chorus

    Ishwardeep Singh

      Hi, I am using Tableau 8.1. I am trying to publish a workbook to Tableau from chorus (chorus internally uses tabcmd to publish workbooks to tableau)  but I get the following error in Tableau log file.

       

      Started GET "/wg/pubkey/workbooks.xml" for 192.168.8.42 at 2014-01-21 14:43:02.000 +0900

      2014-01-21 14:43:02.970 +0900_level=INFO_server=169.254.3.62:WIN-M0UVET3UHLR_service=WEB-INF:0_pid=380_tid=0x21dbd7a8_site=_user=_session=_request=_context=errors_message=  Processing by ErrorsController#handle_unknown_route as   _origin=192.168.7.62 at 2014-01-20 06:25:17,184

      2014-01-21 14:43:02.972 +0900_level=INFO_server=169.254.3.62:WIN-M0UVET3UHLR_service=WEB-INF:0_pid=380_tid=0x21dbd7a8_site=_user=_session=_request=_context=errors_message=  Session ID: b02319938f4044dafc18ea5add5346b1

      2014-01-21 14:43:02.973 +0900_level=INFO_server=169.254.3.62:WIN-M0UVET3UHLR_service=WEB-INF:0_pid=380_tid=0x21dbd7a8_site=_user=_session=_request=_context=errors_message=  Parameters: {"unknownRoute"=>"pubkey/workbooks.xml"}

       

      Need help to resolve the same.

       

      Regards,

      Ishwardeep

        • 1. Re: Unable to create workbook in Tableau 8.1 using chorus
          Ishwardeep Singh

          Hi All,

           

          Now I able able to publish data set from chorus to Tableau with help from Tableau support who guided me in the process. I faced the following issues in this integration. Some of the issues I faced were related to chorus and others to Tableau.

           

          1. First issue that I faced was that chorus was using old implementation of tabcmd library. In tableau 8.1 a number of resource URL have been changed. The unknown route error was due to this. As I was trying to publish data set to tableau I replaced the old implementation of publish.rb from the new implementation (I unzipped the tabcmd.jar available in tableau 8.1 bin folder and took the new implementation of publish.rb from the same). Publish.rb file internally uses a few other files (like file_uploaded.rb, environment_settings.rb) that I had to add to the old implementation.

           

          2. The second issue that I faced was related to the database driver. My data set was in a greenplum database and Tableau was unable to connect to greenplum database. I looked at a few videos on youtube that suggested that Tableau has a greenplum native driver making connection to greenplum seemless. But that was not the case with Tableau 8.1 installation that I had done. Tableau documentation guided me to DataDriver website that provides ODBC drivers to connect to greenplum database. As I had setup tableau on a 64 bit box I initially installed 64 bit version of the driver. But tableau support suggested that I should install 32 bit driver and that resolved by issue.

           

          Regards,

          Ishwardeep