2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 12:53 PM by James Golden

Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts

James Golden

Hi folks  -

I have a question regarding the extract alerts that were newly introduced with version 8.1 server.

We are on 8.1.2, and there seems to be an issue with when the "Alerts" show and what they show, on the Background Tasks" page.

Has anyone encountered this?

On my machine right now, the browser window shows 2 Alerts, but there are 3 failed extracts for today.

The 2 failures are from two jobs from yesterday morning, 10:00 AM.  There was also another error just prior to that, which is not currently displaying.  So, that is approximately 6 failures showing for the last 2 days; but I only see 2 failures, and none for the 3 today.

These errors are all ORA connection errors, like password not given, etc...

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what errors show, when they get cleared.

Thanks,

Jamie

• 1. Re: Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts
          Dan Huff

Jamie--

I think you best bet would be to open a support case with our team by emailing Support@tableausoftware.com . They will likely start by asking you to describe the problem and provide Server log files so it might be a good idea to send those with your original case so as to expedite the process.

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us.

Dan

• 2. Re: Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts
            James Golden

Thanks Dan - just submitted.

Dan Huff <tableaucommunity@tableausoftware.com>

To:

James Golden <jgolden@oattravel.com>

Date:

01/07/2014 03:46 PM

Subject:

Re:  - Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts

Tableau Support Community

Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts

reply from Dan Huff in Forums - View the full discussion

Jamie--

I think you best bet would be to open a support case with our team by

emailing Support@tableausoftware.com . They will likely start by asking

you to describe the problem and provide Server log files so it might be a

good idea to send those with your original case so as to expedite the

process.

Thanks for taking the time to report this to us.

Dan

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on

Tableau Support Community

Start a new discussion in Forums by email or at Tableau Support Community

Following Extract Alerts not showing all failed extracts in these streams:

Inbox