2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 10:03 PM by thierryjakircevic

An error occurred when loading from the tableau server. Failure when receiving data from the peer.

Nándor Hargita

I'm running my Tableau client and server on the same machine, which im accessing remotely via Remote Desktop. The server pulls data daily from external MySQL source - the full refresh takes about 2 hours (point is, its a long procedure).

Thats why im trying hard to download the workbook from the server and publish it back online after editing BUT i cant open the workbook from the server in the client, because it fails every time.

The are on the same machine, so no network issues there, i tried to modify the timeout of the client (Timeout Occurs When Publishing or Downloading Extract | Tableau Software) without success, the error message in the topic title is the only clue i have: "An error occurred when loading from the tableau server. Failure when receiving data from the peer."

I waste 90-120 minutes my time doing the full refreshes after or before every edit, please help!