4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2013 1:48 AM by Konstantin Khrebtov

Dashboard action(url) with quick filters not working on server

ranjanakunwor

Hi!

In a dashboard view and I have used dashboard action(url) to link detail page. I have exposed some quick filters on dashboard . The view gives me the correct no# in detail page with default filter selection but when I change the value in quick filters after publishing it doesn't show the correct no# .

BTW, it works fine in desktop but not in server.

Is there anyway where changing values in quick filters will display correct no# in detail page in tableau server?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Dashboard action(url) with quick filters not working on server
          Shawn Wallwork

Hey ranjanakunwor welcome to the forums. It looks like this is your second post. kettan answered your first one. Did that answer you question? It doesn't seem you marked it as correct or that you responded with a follow up. Did Johan's answer not satisfy your need?

I want to help you on your current question but you are using some symbols I'm not sure I understand. Might you post your question again, differently, with more specifics.

Thank you for your patience with me.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Dashboard action(url) with quick filters not working on server
            ranjanakunwor

Here is detail information:

I have created a dashboard view, detail page and quick filters(not exposed in view but used another sheet in same workbook to expose in dashboard) in same worbook and used gobal filters. To show detail page i used(url)in dashboard action. I have selected some default values in quick filters and published the view and when I click on some numbers(11-product), detail page shows the name of 11 products. But when I change the value for quick filters in view, the detail page doesn't show the correct numbers.

Making changes in quick filters displayd the correct information on detail page in desktop and doesn't work in server.

Please let me know if anyone has encountered this kind of issue.

How  can we make detail page show correct number when value for quick filters are changed in the view?

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Dashboard action(url) with quick filters not working on server
              Shawn Wallwork

Sorry I don't have server so I can't test it. Also you didn't post a sample workbook so that's another reason I can't help you test it.

--Shawn

• 4. Re: Re: Dashboard action(url) with quick filters not working on server
                Konstantin Khrebtov

Hi Shawn, we also encountered similar problem with our workbook. When I open workbook on the Tableau Desktop then all quickfilters work perfect, but after publishing on the server I'm not able to select any value in the quickfilter. Parameter filters work fine.
                This happend after we tried to upgrade to 8.1 and then were forced to return to 8.0 due to incompatibility with our SW.