3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 2:04 PM by keerthana.velkur

Based on a selection, how to enable/disable views in the dashboard

keerthana.velkur

I have 2 summary views say A & B ( A & B has dual interactivity with each other i.e. If I select something in A, data in B changes and vice versa), 6 details views and 2 parameterized filters in my current dashboard. The 2 summary views should always be displayed in my dashboard.

Then, if I a select a value from any one of the summary view, the respective detail view has to display in the bottom and other irrelevant views has to be disabled. Please let me how to achieve this one.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Based on a selection, how to enable/disable views in the dashboard
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Keerthana,

It sounds like you could use the quick filters to apply to your two summary views. Then, use actions to apply to the detailed view. In the filter action dialog box, choose the Exclue all values option under Clearing the selection will so that the views are blank until you select something from the summary sheets.

Perhaps you can post a sample workbook if you need additional help.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Based on a selection, how to enable/disable views in the dashboard
            keerthana.velkur

Thank you very much, Tracy. Your suggestion worked partially.

But in my case, Both the summary views has dual interactivity with each other. For e.g. When I select something in my 'A' summary view(bubble chart) the data in 'B' Summary view (bar chart) changes and vice versa.

When I implemented your suggestion to 'Exclude all values' in filter actions dialog box in 'A' summary view, the 'B' summary view is getting disappeared (because I have set Filter Actions between A & B) which I do not want to happen. If I remove filter actions between A & B, the summary views are getting displayed but the interactivity is missing between them.

Please let me know how to simultaneously achieve both i.e. interactivity between A & B and both this summary views should be displayed based on the selection of filters (parameterized).

Thank you very much.

• 3. Re: Based on a selection, how to enable/disable views in the dashboard
              keerthana.velkur

I have created View titles in separate view and applying dashboard actions to specific Title and view individually. It worked fine.

Thank you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful