3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 4:50 PM by Bill Lyons

filter issue embedding dashboard into sharepoint

lOZ SSS

We have a dashboard that we are embedding in SharePoint using the autogenerated share / embed code.

The dashboard displays ok with the exception of the quick filter (configured as a multi-value drop down). Our quick filter has a list of 20 – 50 items but only shows 2 – 3 lines at a time with a scroll bar as opposed to the entire list of items.

If we view the report directly via URL from tableau server, the quick filter list looks just fine with all items expanded and available without scrolling.

Is there any setting that we can manipulate to fix this behavior in sharepoint?

Thanks

• 1. Re: filter issue embedding dashboard into sharepoint
          Bill Lyons

I just did some testing with a viz I have embedded into SharePoint 2010 with the page viewer webpart. The multi-value drop down shows all the values. However, when I reduce the vertical size of the page viewer webpart, the size of the multi-value drop down is limited to the size of the webpart. It will not show outside of its defined boundaries. This makes sense to me because it is essentially like an i-frame, and doesn't know if any screen real-estate exists outside of its own boundaries.

• 2. Re: filter issue embedding dashboard into sharepoint
            lOZ SSS

Hi There,

Thanks. To be super clear on what we are seeing, belowis a screen shot with the cut off filter on the right. You can see three items but really there are 50 in the list.  The page / webpart in sharepoint seem be to sized appropriately - there are no veritical or horizontal scrollbars on the dashboard itself. Are you suggesting that even what that, we need to make the webpart bigger to solve this issue?

example.png

• 3. Re: filter issue embedding dashboard into sharepoint
              Bill Lyons

With so much redacted, it is difficult to tell what is happening. Is the box below the drop-down in question a Tableau object? If so, I am unable to replicate your behavior in SharePoint 2010/Tableau 8.1. On mine, the drop-down size is only limited to the size of the webpart, and shows above or below, whichever is larger.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

bl