3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 11:39 AM by Matt Lutton

how to remove decimals from axis?

Tara Carter

Hi there,

I have a graph with multiple filters, and filter results range from 2 or 3 to millions. When filter result is very small, on axis i see 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc. I tried axis format, but then it shows 1, 1, 2, 2 etc. Is it possible to make the min. unit to be 1? I mean, to only show 1, 2, 3 etc. Any help appreciated.

• 1. Re: how to remove decimals from axis?
          Matt Lutton

Sure--can you post a workbook so we can show you how?

Typically, you can set up your axis and tick marks by right clicking on the axis and choosing "Edit Axis":

Edit Axis Tick Marks.png

• 2. Re: how to remove decimals from axis?
            Tara Carter

Thanks Matthew. Here's what i've tried:

1. make both units 1, but when numbers are very large, the axis shows numbers like 320, 75187, 315141 etc, and the tick marks are very crowded so i can't recognize which lines these numbers refer to.

2. make the minor unit 100 and major unit 100,000 etc, but when number is 30  or 30000 for example, the axis only has 0 on the left end and no other numbers, only tick marks.

3. make minor unit 1 and major unit automatic, this looks fine for large numbers, but when number is less than 10, i see 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc again.

Is there any workaround so i can see units like 100k when numbers are very large, and 1, 2, 3 etc when numbers are very small? Thanks

• 3. Re: how to remove decimals from axis?
              Matt Lutton

You might be able to utilize a parameter for this, but really, I am not sure.  Sorry I can't be of more help.