3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2013 9:49 AM by Russell Christopher

Master Node Uninstallation....?

Prem Reddy

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding distributed environment, what if I need to uninstall the master node do I need to uninstall the related worker nodes?

Also I want to know if deleting the worker node is the last step of upgradation?

Answering the above question might help me in setting up the environment. Your help is really appreciated...!!!

Thanks,

Paramesh

• 1. Re: Master Node Uninstallation....?
          Russell Christopher

Hi Prem!

Uninstalling the Primary node of a Tableau Server won't automatically uninstall the software on the workers. Removing a machine as a worker using the Configuration tool on the Primary also won't remove the software from the worker. You would need to run uninstall on each machine yourself.

Can you rephrase "Also I want to know if deleting the worker node is the last step of upgradation?" please? I don't understand what you're trying to ask. You don't need to uninstal the worker during an upgrade, so I'm confused why you're asking.

• 2. Re: Master Node Uninstallation....?
            Prem Reddy

Thank you Russell for elaborate explanation. Your response really helped me in clarifying some of the ambiguities.

Say I'm trying to install new worker nodes then I presume that after uninstalling the previous worker nodes deleting them during configuration could be the last step. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Prem

• 3. Re: Master Node Uninstallation....?
              Russell Christopher

Yes, if your goal is a “complete uninstall”.

When you mentioned “upgrade”, I got a bit confused as I don’t consider that a complete uninstall.

Hope this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful