1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 11:29 AM by brad.earle.1

Plotting measures with shapes on a map w/out overlaying the shapes

francois.meyer

Hello All,

First of all being a newbie on Tableau please apologize if I ask trivial questions.

I want to slice by geography and product type 2 measures, let's say Sales and COGS.

Sales will be displayed in the following way:

. city level: a shape depicting the product and which size is correlated to the sales volume

. province & country level : a written value in a box segmented by product type

COGS will be displayed in the following way:

. city level: a written value aside (or inside) the shape of the product

. province & country level : a written value in a box segmented by product type

Attached a screenshot of the visual I am looking to reproduce in Tableau.

My challenge is to have the shape @ the city level not been overlaid on top of each others but being put side by side, the whole pointing the city for which the measure is relevant (check in the screenshot Montréal or Toronto)

Any idea how to do something similar to that?

Thks in advance!

François

• 1. Re: Plotting measures with shapes on a map w/out overlaying the shapes
          brad.earle.1

Are you willing to swap out the three shapes to be replaced by one pie chart with three slices, each slice representing the product?  Tableau does that pretty well.

For the province reports -- those could be two separate worksheets that are then floated onto the dashboard.

Try creating something like what you want using the above 'tips' with Superstore sales.  Post your packaged workbook here and then forum members can help you work through whatever difficulties you may still be encountering.