I read through your question several times. Hopefully I understood this correctly. There may be a more efficient solution, but I think this accomplishes what you want. I've attached my solution. Please let me know!
1) Create calculated measures like this:
WHEN 'X' THEN 1
2) Create a parameter selection with the two options you'd like. [Selection]
3) Create a calculated field to associate to your parameter selection. [Label for Has Assigned or Engaged] = [Selection]
4) Create a calculated field to label your resource. [Conditional Resource Name]
IF [Parameter Calculation] = true
THEN [Resource Name]
ELSE ' '
5) Drag [Project] and [Conditional Resource Name] to Rows, and your Measure Names to Columns.