5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2013 11:31 AM by Robert Morton

Data Source Authentication with Tableau Server

Nick Bachofen

Looking for guidance on locating a document that will provide information on how to automatically authenticate to a data source when Tableau Server authentication is configured to Active Directory. Does a document exist that provides this information and a quick "How To"?

I found this document, but it doesn't tell me how: Tableau Server Database Log-Ins | Tableau Software

We have three different data sources: Oracle, Oracle Essbase and Analysis Services. How can I have the user not be prompted for credentials but still allow database user security on the user.

Can we create a document that would be available for many people? I started with my three data sources. Unfortunately I don't have answers :-)

Data sourceIs database security possible per Tableau Server user?Link to documentation: How To
      Oracle"Impersonate via embedded password" * from the link above? I assume this would be an Oracle link
      Oracle Essbase"Impersonate via embedded password" * from the link above? I assume this would be an Oracle link
      Analysis Services"Impersonate via embedded password" * from the link above? I assume this would be a Microsoft link

Thanks.