1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 5:51 AM by kevin.lynch

How to reflect YTD budget accurately?

miki.hayashi

Hi,

I have monthly budget data for all departments and all account types for the entire fiscal year.  Our fiscal year starts on July.  My data contains 1 fiscal year worth data. 

I am having problem querying correct YTD fiscal year budget figures using calculated field.  I used the following formula:

IF

DATEDIFF('year',[Effective Date],[Reference Date2] )=0

AND

MONTH([Effective Date] )<= MONTH([Reference Date2] )

THEN

[Budget]

END

I made Reference Date2 parameter to show ranges of dates from July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 with 1 month increment.

I was able to show correct YTD figures from July 2013 to December 2013.  Although I can only select 1 month (instead of multiple months), from July 2013 to December 2013, each month selected picked up YTD budget. 

When I selected January 2014, YTD budget value picks up the sum of January 2014 budget only and drops July 2013 to Dec 2013 budget.

When I select June 2014, YTD budget is the sum of January 2014 budget through June 2014 budget, omitting July 2013 through December 2013 budget.  When I add YTD budget as of June 2014 and that of December 2013, that figure is the correct annual budget.

How can I get correct YTD budget figure when I select January 2014 onwards? 

Do I need to create a table to define our fiscal year first?

Any thought and advice is very much appreciated.

Miki