• Maps – Drill through from Super Region to DMA Level ( not MSA Level) possible ?
Yes, but not using traditional Tableau hierarchies.
• Maps – How many dimension possible to display on the Map
- vary by size, by color, by shapes
- Is it possible to add pushpins & ribbons
2 (X,Y) although you could color encode Z axis to achieve contour/depth/height
Size - you can swap X,Y lat/long pairs using a measure swapper. With 64-bit, the size is technically unlimited.
Color - Tableau uses Hex
Shapes - Tableau allows custom shapes, but if you are meaning Geo, then poly, line and point. You can merge Polys and Lines to Point prior to ingesting in Tableau. Pushpins & Ribbons yes, Tableau allows custom shapes.
• Maps – Can we locate postal address exactly on the MAP ?
Yes, by pre-processing/geocoding. You can also ingest GPS.
FOR ANY address across the globe ?
Yes, you can ingest any lat/long and join the address data
up to street level ?
• Maps – Geocodes by Tableau and Goecodes from Google MAPS not exacty the same .. why?
Google's geocoder API is not 100% accurate.
Why the maps do not "display" the same - datum. Google uses 900913.
• Security – Can we restrict columns or set rows based on user in Tableau. OR does it have to done at the backend database layer
Yes. You can do this using a mix of API and an open parameter.