3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2013 1:27 PM by Joshua Milligan

How do you change the scaling on a graph in Tableau Server?

John McClure

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to Tableau so please excuse my newbie question.

I am using Tableau Server as an end-user, and I would like to change the scaling on the Y axis of a graph.

Is this possible? If so how?

I've done this on my Tableau desk-top....

Thank you in advance!

John

• 1. Re: How do you change the scaling on a graph in Tableau Server?
          Joshua Milligan

John,

I'm not entirely certain what you mean by changing the scaling?  How do you typically handle this in Desktop?

Regards,

Joshua

• 2. Re: How do you change the scaling on a graph in Tableau Server?
            John McClure

Hi Joshua,

On the Y axis of my graph:

Where X&Y intersect is zero then the scale goes up the Y Axis to 100,000, then 200,000. My data is in the low 30,000's so it's difficult to see the graphs.

In tableau Desktop you can just right click on the axis and make changes but I can't get that to work in Server.

• 3. Re: How do you change the scaling on a graph in Tableau Server?
              Joshua Milligan

John,

Typically, as long as the axis isn't fixed, then it should scale to best fit the marks based on the data.  Is the axis fixed?  Or is there a mark or reference line that goes up to 200,000?

A couple of notes:

• Holding CTL + SHIFT should give you a magnifying glass with a + sign indicating that you can double click to zoom in on the viz (or drag a rectangle to zoom).
              • Holding CTL + SHIFT + ALT should give you a magnifying glass with a - sign indicating that you can double click to zoom out (or drag a rectangle to zoom out).
              • Double clicking on the viz will zoom in.
              • After zooming licking the home button on the viz to return to the normal view.
              • Zoom controls can be turned on for a viz in Desktop (right click the scatter plot and select "Show Zoom Controls").  When published to Server, these controls should be available.

Regards,

Joshua

1 of 1 people found this helpful