3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 12:20 AM by . Indumon

YTD start date on April... Help

Nicholas Yu

Hello all,

I am currently writing a YTD sales total. But my company Year start at April 1st. The calculation below is below on calendar year. Can someone help me out here?

IF [Order Date] <=TODAY() AND DATEDIFF('year',[Order Date],Today())= 0 THEN [Sales] END

Thank you so much!

• 1. Re: YTD start date on April... Help
          Gengming Chen

What you have answers sum of sales todate. TO set a differerent default starting month, you can use tableau to define the starting month of ficial year by right click on the date field -> default properties -> ficial year starts ..

• 2. Re: YTD start date on April... Help
            Nicholas Yu

That won't work. I need to use calculation field so I can return YTD on fields.

• 3. Re: Re: YTD start date on April... Help
              . Indumon

Hi Nicholas,

I think the below calculation will suit for your requirement, I did a quick test and it is working for me.

Please let us know if it is not working.

Current Year:

SUM(
              If Month(Today())>=4 Then
                  If (Year([Order Date])=Year(today()) And Month([Order Date])>=4 And [Order Date]< Today()) Then
                      [Sales]
                  End
              Else  
                  If ((Year([Order Date])=Year(today())-1 And Month([Order Date])>=4) 
                  or (Year([Order Date])=Year(today()) And Month([Order Date])<4) And [Order Date]< Today()) Then
                      [Sales]
                  End
              End
              )

Last Year:

SUM(
              If Month(Today())>=4 Then
                  If (Year([Order Date])=Year(today())-1 And Month([Order Date])>=4 And [Order Date]< Dateadd('year',-1,Today())) Then
                      [Sales]
                  End
              Else  
                  If ((Year([Order Date])=Year(today())-2 And Month([Order Date])>=4) 
                  or (Year([Order Date])=Year(today())-1 And Month([Order Date])<4) And [Order Date]< Dateadd('year',-1,Today())) Then
                      [Sales]
                  End
              End
              )