5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2015 5:15 AM by Preeti Jain Branched to a new discussion.

Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server

Prashant Sharma

Hi All,

I am trying to export my workbook to PDF from tableau server but I am facing the following two problems

c.PNG

1.When I export selecting the option "This Dashboard" in the Content block,I only get the current view in the PDF showing scrollbar, with the filter showing in the PDF.

c2.PNG

2.When I export selecting the option "Sheets in this Dashboard" in the "Content" block, I get all the data in my PDF, but the filters are not showing as in the view instead it is showing the filters in text at the end of each page.

C1.PNG

What I want is to customize the default PDF exported by tableau server so that instead of showing the filters at the bottom of the page in text, the PDF shows the filters like shown in the view and also.

• 1. Re: Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Prashant,

When publishing the dashboard, it will show exactly as the dashboard--this is because the dashboard is meant to be more of a presentation tool.

To get the quick filters to appear, choose to print Sheets in the Dashboard, then select the desired worksheet.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server
            Shawn Wallwork

What Tracy said. Also don't the filters have to be visible (Show Quick Filter) in the worksheet view? And doesn't the stuff at the bottom go away if you blank the caption? I'm just working off memory here, so I could easily be wrong on both counts.

--Shawn

• 3. Re: Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server
              Prashant Sharma

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for replying. Actually what you said, I am also using the same thing i.e I am exporting the sheets in the dashboard for PDF. But the problem is, I do not get the quick filters shown in the PDF as shown in the report, instead those filters are visible at the bottom of each page in textual descriptive format like the third image attached in my original post.

What I want is showing the quick filters as shown in the report itself in the side of each page in the PDF as shown in the second image of my post but all the data in the sheet as exported in the "Sheets in Dashboard" export.

Hope I was able to explain my point clearly.

I know it is not possible in multiple selected values in quick filters as tableau then exports blank instead of writing "multiple values" but is it also not possible with single selected values in quick filters?

Thanks

• 4. Re: Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server
                Prashant Sharma

Hey Shawn,

Thank you for your reply. I have used show quick filters in the sheet prior exporting but the PDF I recieve after exporting is not showing the quick filters at their place as in sheet. Its showing in caption area of the page in the sheet and if I also remove the caption then how can I notify my user about which filters they have used for that PDF.

Thanks,

Prashant

• 5. Re: Customize the PDF exported from Tableau Server
                  Preeti Jain

Hi,

I am stuck with the same problem. Did you find any solution to this that while exporting to PDF, how to get the quick filters in the pdf?

Thanks

Preeti