3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 3:27 AM by Shawn Wallwork

period purchase analysis

Ertan ERISIK

Hi,

I wonder how would it be possible to solve the following problem with Tableau. I would like to find those customers who made a purchase from the same store everyday in a period (say 15 days, can be a parameter ).

Any helps or thoughts will greatly be appreciated.

• 1. Re: period purchase analysis
          Shawn Wallwork

Put a Date field on the filter shelf and set the date range to 15 days.

Put the Customer field on the row shelf.

Put the Number of Records on the Text shelf

Create a calculation with this formula:

SIZE()=15

Put this on the filter shelf and set it to true.

Anyone who bought something everyday for the 15 day date period will be visible.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: period purchase analysis
            Ertan ERISIK

THank a lot for the answer Shawn,

let me describe the problem more detail, the customer wants those customers who made purchases in consecutie 15 days in a given period, lets say the period is one year they want to scan 1-15 january and then 2-16 of january 3-17 of january till 16-31 december and would like identify those customers who made purchases in a single store everyday in any of those 15 days period.

is there any way to achieve this wi Tableau?

thanks a lot for the help

• 3. Re: period purchase analysis
              Shawn Wallwork

It would have to be some sort of Running_Sum on each individual customer with a trigger so it resets to zero if it encounters a NULL value. You'd have to post a packaged workbook with some sample data for anyone to figure out exactly how to do this. But warning, it also sounds like it will be very slow.

--Shawn