0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2013 11:30 AM by Tom Keane

Get list CBSA names and county names for Tableau 8.0.3 so I can match my list to the one embedded in Tableau without the clunky Edit Locations interface

Tom Keane

Is there a way to get a list of the CBSA names and county names for Tableau 8.0.3 so I can match my list to the one embedded in Tableau without the clunky Edit Locations interface?   I have the List 1. CORE BASED STATISTICAL AREAS (CBSAs) AND COMBINED STATISTICAL AREAS (CSAs), FEBRUARY 2013, and I have data for each row (county) and when I try to make a filled map by CBSA or by county I get a very low 'hit rate' of data filled in on the map.  One of my initial impressions is that Tableau's base layer map for the CBSA's doesn't include any of the 'non metro' areas.  The Edit Locations wasn't terrible for trying to match the CBSA's, but seems to be unhelpful for County.  "County, State" would seem to be a good field to use, but Tableau doesn't seem to recognize this.  I imagine all this has been discussed, but I've searched a bit, and would be grateful for (additional) advice.  Thanks.