1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 2:15 AM by Prashanth Shenoy

Apply Action filter across all Dashboards

Rajini S

Hello All,

How to apply action filter across all dashboards. I have attached sample dashboard and here, the filter is working only to that dashboard. My case, the filter should affect all the dashboards. For ex, if I select East in Dashboard 1 and it is not affecting Dashboard 2.

How to apply action filter across all dashboards.

Best Regards,

Rajini

• 1. Re: Apply Action filter across all Dashboards
          Prashanth Shenoy

Hi Rajini,

I am not able download and check your workbook due to our network setting, but I would like to mention a couple of things :

1. If you are using data from the same data source in all the sheets of both the dashboards, then you can do the following - On the quick filter select Apply to Worksheets and then select "All Using This Data Source" in Tableau 8.0 (in 7.0 you can turn the filter into a Global filter).

2. If the data is coming from different sources, then you would have to create a parameter and use the parameter in the Filter (using the "Condition" tab in the Filter options.

You could try one of the above options to apply filters on different dashboards. I would not be able to comment further as I am not able to view the workbook.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prashanth