1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2013 8:37 AM by Allan Walker

Map to a Street ?

jagam jaga win

Given an address ( anywhere on the globle) 

Can tableau generate goecodes and exactly point the location on the map ? Up to a street Level.

If No are there any alternatives, probably connect to Google Maps. Does tableau provide any functionality to connect to any other APIs

Or what other alternatives are available.

If I provide the lat & longitude up to which level can I map the geocodes .. Upto a city level ??

I have read about this article - Its a process for rendering OSM in Tableau using Map Service.

http://theywalkedtogether.blogspot.in/2013/07/crowd-atlas-process-for-rendering.html

In the same post they have mentioned the exact process is not detailed out and that there are errors while trying to install the binaries

and related things.. Please comment

If there are any sample workbooks with the mappings of lat&long could you please send me one

Thanks in advance

Jaga

• 1. Re: Map to a Street ?
          Allan Walker

Hi Jaga,

I was the author of the blog post.  I'd recommend you use the Linux version of osm2pgsql rather than the Windows binaries if you are importing planet-latest.osm.

You can map to any co-ordinates with X,Y.  I recommend you use EPSG:4326 as the datum.

Best Regards,

Allan