I've verified that Scheduled Tasks is unavailable for me on certain conditions. Can you verify that you have scheduling enabled before anything?
You may want to review the section Schedule Refreshes & Subscriptions.
If these sections don't help, could you provide some more information about your CDS Roadmap workbook to help troubleshoot?
- Is the workbook using an extract, a live or server connection? If it's a live connection, there's nothing to schedule.
- Please verify the account you're logged into Tableau Server with has access to the data source
I would recommend going to Admin > Data Connections and finding the CDS Roadmap to see what connection type it's using. Then you can click on the CDS Roadmap link and view the permissions (for specific users).
I'm sure one of the things mentioned here will uncover the issue.
Scheduling is enabled--On the Tableau website that is. (Admin then settings)
The workbook is a live connection to an excel spreadsheet.
The Tableau server does have a connection to the site where the file is.
CDS Dashboard is a "ManageEngine Report Framework......" Connection Type: Excel, Server Name Blank, Server Port Default, Password No
I go to permissions and I have all acess as the adminstrator.
I REALLY apperciate your help.
The reason you do not have the ability to schedule is because you are connecting 'live'. If you were to change the connection type to an Extract and publish it to the server you would be able to schedule refresh (updates). When you connect live, you should always have the ability to see the most current information.
- I created an Excel file and added some sample data.
- I saved the Excel file to a public share drive that my Tableau Server 'Run As' account has access
- I created a new Tableau workbook and added the Excel file as a data source (Live Connection), added a chart from the data and published to the server. Result is that I cannot schedule because it is a live connection
- Next, I right click on the Excel data source and select Extract Data. I selected the defaults. I republished the workbook with another name
- I then log into the server and view my workbooks (Test, TestExtract). When I click on Test (live connection) , I cannot click on scheduled tasks. When I click the TestExtract (extract), the scheduled tasks link is enabled.
Hope this helps.
You are a rock star!