2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 6:45 AM by Kevin Sullivan

Is it possible to auto populate X and Y values

Kevin Sullivan

In the attached I have what I am calling a spider chart where there will be variable groups on the Y axis FROM side and variable groups on the Y axis TO side.  I am trying to automate the Y axis values so depending on the eventual filter set up each side will automatically space appropriately.  I have created calcs to get me as far as identifying the values I want for each side but dont know how to take it to the next level of feeding these values into the visualization...  any help would be great.  FYI I also want a fixed X value for the FROM side 250 and TO side 750.

any help would be great!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Is it possible to auto populate X and Y values
          Alex Kerin

I don't really follow the connection between the values you have, and then them being fixed.

With that said, you can probably use index()*(some number) to get what you want.

• 2. Re: Is it possible to auto populate X and Y values
            Kevin Sullivan

I built the viz they way I want it to appear and now I am trying to figure out a way for it to work with my data.  So disregard the fixed values in my sample data I am now trying to replace it so that when using real data the chart will automatically place my groups in a equally separated way.  I am not familiar with how to get what I want since the number of groups will change.  There will always be 1400 Y values but there could be 7, 2, 9, or even 20 groups on either side so I was thinking to automatically divide 1400 by the count of groups and then assign each value to a group for the Y value.