2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2013 7:07 AM by Maria Jividen

Filter issues after publishing to server in Tableau 8.0

Maria Jividen

I'm experiencing some issues with filters when publishing my workbooks to server.  I've done some initial troubleshooting (including publishing with tabs) and nothing seems to work.  Specifically, my action filters are disabled (sometimes regular filters are affected as well).

Has anyone else encountered similar struggles?  Any advice/help is much appreciated.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Filter issues after publishing to server in Tableau 8.0
          Russell Christopher

Hey Maria -

Are you seeing this behavior with anything you publish, or just some workbooks? Are other users seeing the same thing?

What version of Tableau Server are you on 8.<something>?

If you have a sample that regularly is a problem child, perhaps you could post it...

• 2. Re: Filter issues after publishing to server in Tableau 8.0
            Maria Jividen

Russell,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm currently in 8.0.3.  It's pretty much happening sporadically with every workbook I publish. For instance the action filter will work once, but then when I click off  the viz to undo the filter and then click back on the viz again, the action filter won't be working (i.e. when I click on a state on a map, all graphs on the dashboard will filter by that state. I then click off that state to unfilter.  I then won't be able to filter by clicking on another state.. the action filter will no longer work). 

I talked to other Tableau server users and they have similar issues. 

Unfortunately I can't post the workbook because I'm using client data... based on my experiences though, I don't' believe the issue is specific to my workbook.