1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2013 1:05 PM by Tracy Rodgers

Stopping filter from acting on all parameters in a calculated field?

Claire Woodcock

Hi,

I'm currently trying to calculate the absolute difference between two calculated fields.

My calculated field ESTATE_WK_0900 contains a formula which calculates the average percentage value in 3000 rows of data. In my mind as I've run the calculation in here it should be spitting out one individual number.

My field  WK_0900 contains the percentage values for each of the 3000 rows of data.

I want to be able to calculate the absolute difference between the two, e.g. subtract the value for the rows from the estate average.

I've made a calculated field which does this. However when I then try and filter this field by the row ID of my data set it's not only filtering "WK_0900" but "ESTATE_WK_0900" also.

Is there a way of fixing the output of ESTATE_WK_0900 and making it immune to filters instead of having to hard code in a number?

Many thanks,

Claire

• 1. Re: Stopping filter from acting on all parameters in a calculated field?
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Claire,

Filters will effect every field in a view. One possible option would be to simply right click on the Row ID and select Hide. This will hide them from the view without filtering them out. The downside of this is that you'll be unable to see which fields have been hidden.

Another possible option, although only 1 row ID could be chosen at once would be to create a parameter with all of the Row IDs and a calculated field. Something similar to the following:

RowID=[Parameter.RowID]

Then, place that on the view and right click on 'false' and select Hide.

Hope that helps a bit!

-Tracy