2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 1:27 AM by Hit Wad

is there any Dynamic Text object in tableau?

Hit Wad

I need to add comments below the graph but it need to be changing as per value fetched from the data connection.For example

"Tickets are down 10% compared to the same period last year"

I need to calculate the average in the text object by using variable value from the connection.Is there any Dynamic Text object avaliable in Tableau like have in most BI tools?

• 1. Re: is there any Dynamic Text object in tableau?
          Alex Kerin

It would seem that an annotation (right click a blank area on the chart) cannot take a calculation as an argument. However, a title can, or you can create a dashboard with a separate sheet with the text in it. The calculation would be something like

""Tickets are "& (if [current value]<[prior value] then "down " else "up " end)& str(abs(1-[current value]/[prior value])*100) & "% compared to the same period last year"

Where [current value] and [prior value] are other calculations you have created. I wrote this off the top of my head, so it likely will have an error or two.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: is there any Dynamic Text object in tableau?
            Hit Wad

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks for confirming Alex,this is what i have already used as not find a dynamic comment object.

at the same is there any way to add HTML in this dynamic comment.(in calculation Dimensions)

i want to add shape like Tick mark or cone shape or anyother shape from the starting of the comment

Thanks

Hitesh............